Restore your teeth in only one visit
Breakthrough technology means you can experience immediate dental results, allowing you to walk away with a completely new smile in just one visit!
Traditional vs Digital
If you are in need of a dental restoration such as a crown or cap traditionally you would visit the dentist, where he/she would take impressions of your teeth with moulds. These moulds were then sent away to laboratory to fabricate the new restoration. You would be required to visit the dentist once the restoration was returned which generally took about 2 weeks to receive.
CEREC – revolutionising restorative dentistry…
Now, thanks to dental advancements and the breakthroughs in new technology, patients are now able to restore their smile in just one visit – from impression to placement.
At Kerwin Street Dental in Cairns, we are proud to offer our patients restorative dentistry with the help of CEREC. CEREC ceramic restoration is a breakthrough technology offering ceramic inlays, onlays and crowns that are long term restorations used to protect and strengthen cracked, broken, root canal Treated or heavily restored teeth. CEREC is an acronym which stands for:
- Chair side: the technology is literally next to the dental chair and used while you’re in the chair.
- Economical: the procedure is economical for both the patient and the dentist: it’s all done in one appointment.
- Restoration: the restoration restores your tooth to its natural-looking beauty.
- Aesthetic: the CEREC® machine creates porcelain restorations that are metal and mercury free.
- Ceramics: the ceramic used is high strength and similar in composition to your natural tooth structure.
Tell me about the procedure…
CEREC® is a machine that uses an intraoral camera to take a 3D scan of your damaged tooth in just 3 simple steps:
Step 1: Kerwin Street Dental creates a digital impression of the restoration using the CEREC intraoral camera 3d scan technology
Step 2: Once the digital impression is taken, Kerwin Street Dental place a ceramic block in the CEREC® milling machine. The milling machine automatically creates the restoration while the patient waits.
Step 3: Finally, the dentist will bond the new restoration to the surface of the old tooth. The whole CEREC® process takes around one to two hours.
The advantages of CEREC® – Convenience, quality and safety
Using the CEREC® machine in our practice means we can provide the restorative treatment you need fast and effectively, without compromising on quality. The advantages of CEREC® are:
- Highly aesthetic
- metal-free, durable and long-lasting
- Single visit rather 2 to 3 with traditional restorations
- Comfort – No unpleasant impression material placed in your mouth
- No temporary crowns or veneers while you wait for your final restoration to be created
Experience the benefits first-hand
We invite you to experience the benefits of our advanced technology first hand by visiting us at Kerwin Street Dental in Cairns. In addition to offering advanced restorative dentistry, we also compliment this service with general and cosmetic dentistry for a smile that is aesthetically and functionally healthy.