6 Reasons patients choose teeth whitening to transform their smile
Patients choose teeth whitening to enhance the cosmetic appearance of their smile. Here are some of the most common reasons patients are choosing to whiten their teeth.
Patients get their teeth whitened for a variety of reasons dependent on their personal preferences and desired outcome. Here are some of the top 6 reasons patients choose to have their teeth whitened:
- Due to discolouration – Teeth whitening is able to offset tooth discolouration, teeth can become discoloured for a number of reasons including plaque build-up and a range of other oral health concerns. Teeth whitening can whiten teeth up to seven shades lighter, giving the appearance of brighter more beautiful teeth.
- Upcoming event or special occasion – Teeth whitening is a popular choice for those attending events or who have upcoming special occasions and wanting to look their best. Teeth whitening can be a great way to ensure your smile is looking bright and healthy for that wedding, birthday, graduation or family Christmas portrait.
- Job interview or work commitment – A smile is often the first thing we notice about somebody, a smile is your first impression. We often find patient’s come in to have their teeth whitened prior to a job interview or important work commitment. Whiter, brighter teeth often provide a professional appearance, something most career-focused professionals strive for.
- Stem the effect of aging – As you age, tooth enamel begins to wear, this can cause discolouration and lead to the deterioration in the appearance of your teeth. Teeth whitening is a great option for those wanting to stem the effects of aging teeth, giving them a brighter, healthier looking smile.
- Conceal the effect of smoking – We all know that smoking can have a negative impact on your health, but did you know smoking damages the appearance of your smile? Smoking leads to greater risk of developing oral health issues related to the build-up of plaque and harmful bacteria on your teeth, in most cases this can lead to discolouration. With the use of teeth whitening we are able to conceal the effects of tooth discolouration due to smoking, giving teeth a brighter, healthier appearance.
- Staining caused by diet – High consumption of foods and beverages with high acidity and dark in colour can stain teeth, foods and drinks such as coffee, tea, citrus fruits and wine should be consumed it moderation. Teeth whitening enables us to counter certain stains which are caused due to a patient’s diet.
Dr Bruce Stevens Dental offers both in-chair and take home, teeth whitening options. Zoom! Day white and advanced Zoom whitening treatments are some of the best whitening products on the market.
Advanced Zoom Whitening can whiten teeth up to seven shades lighter in as little as one to two hours. It is one of the most popular teeth whitening brands amongst dentists, this is due to is being an incredibly safe and effective teeth whitening product. During your appointment Dr Stevens will determine which treatment best suits your individual needs, as well as ensuring your gums and soft tissues are protected throughout the entire process.
Take home whitening
Take home whitening treatment often takes longer than in-chair whitening; taking up to two weeks for patient’s to see desired results. Although this process takes longer to see results, it is often a great option for those patients wishing to control the whitening or top up in-chair whitening.
For more information about our teeth whitening procedures visit the teeth whitening page on our website. Alternatively if you would like to make an appointment to see one of our dentists for a consultation, contact us here.